Wednesday 30 May 2012

Post Exams

Right now my fellow IBers and I are feeling pretty chilled after finally finishing exams. It's been strange, but nice, just being able to do anything I want. Although I keep getting a feeling like I should be doing some work, even though there is none for me to do (not that I am complaining at all.) Now I have noticed that certain things have become a lot less interesting since finishing my exams, so I thought I would share... I'm nice like that. 

  1. Facebook, home of procrastination. I have noticed I am spending a lot less time on Facebook than during exams. It was so easy just to sit there and scroll through everything and when revising, have VERY regular intervals which involving pressing F5 and seeing the same screen... unchanged.

  2. Youtube. Watching every video posted by the people I subscribe to no longer seems interesting I just get bored quickly and don't feel the need to watch 'one last video.'

  3. Sims 3. Towards the end of exams I was really looking forward to playing Sims, because I'm cool, and as I had a week in between 2 of my exams I did load it once or twice as a treat but now I just load it and then realise I don't want to play it any more. 

  4. Twitter. Much like Facebook I would sit there and read through everything, annoy my friends with tweets, be an irritating person who retweets any pictures of cute cats (mainly my own from my sister's twitter) and then get accused of stalking from said sister, when actually I am just reading 17 hours worth of my twitter feed.
  5. Daily Mail. Pretty much daily one of my friends would send me a link to some wacky story on the Daily Mail website which they found on a procrastination session. This would then result in me reading/looking at all of the pictures of all of the interesting news stories that the Daily Mail had to offer. I have now noticed a drop in the number of links I am being sent by friends. I wonder why?
  6. Jeremy Kyle. During exams I would gently wake myself up with people arguing on the TV. What can I say... it made me feel better about my own life, was entertaining and it still meant I didn't have to get up until 9.25am. And if I didn't want to get up, I would simply delay my alarm for an hour and watch it on plus 1. I don't really feel the need/want to do this any more unless I happen to stumble across it and get drawn in by a juicy argument. 
Since finishing my exams and not spending so much time on the above, I have had more time to play with Lily and Ella (although I did this anyway), sleep, see friends and even go and see my Dad as I couldn't remember the last time I had seen him properly! It has all been very nice and relaxing so far and am very much looking forward to the rest of the time off, especially my school prom this Thursday. Exciting! It will be a strange experience for all... me... in a dress... and heels! Hopefully looking nice! *fingers crossed*

For those of you who are taking A-levels or just still taking exams... hang on in there and just keep on looking forward to the long holiday you get as a reward! 

No comments:

Post a Comment